Contact Me

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Movreak, A Great App For All Movie Freaks

Social media today, is already part of our life. People using it not only for communication, but also to share their life to public, unprivately. It seems like, it's a prestige, if we can share (or tell everyone, exactly) any cool thing that we have or we got or we do. Like Path did.

Actually, it's kind of fun thing, you know, posting on Path. My favourite one is the share 'movie moment' part. It's pretty cool, I mean, I really love movie and I like to share my thought about the movie that I already watched. BUT, idk, somehow, I just don't like how the Path's work. So I decided to delete my Path account, and try to find alternative share apps. I found an app for sharing my favourite music, it's called Soundtracking, and I like it. AND FINALLY, I found an app to share my favourite movies and I think it's pretty awesome!
The app called Movreak, yes, MOVREAK! Same as its name, this app is for everyone who thinks he/she is a movie freak (And yes, I think I'm a movie freak, lol, no one careees). Well, okay, I don't know how to tell this in english, but, GUE UDAH LAMA BANGET NYARI APLIKASI MACEM GINI TAUNYA NEMU DAN BUATAN ANAK NEGRI SENDIRI! And I think THAT'S SO FREAKING AWESOME!
Screenshot Movreak version 4.0.0 on iPod
Some articles said that Movreak made by a developer from Bandung called Dycode (correct me if I'm wrong). I don't really know how or when exactly it built, but, you can check it on its official website Movreak Official Website or just ask them directly on twitter @movreak. Or, just tap the 'About' section on its menu options anyway, lol.
'About' screenshot of Movreak
Well, I think this app is pretty cool. It gives you informations about movie updates. On its menu options (on iOS), there are In Cinema, Cinemas, Coming Soon, Popular Movies, even News sections. From there, you can find the newest movie schedule from some theaters in Indonesia (or more, idk, just check on its official website for the accurate list or update), or you can get information what is the most popular movies at that time.
BUT, the most I like is the 'User Reviews' section. Why?? YASH! Because it allows us to post our movie review on there! And you know what? We can even give a 'like' or comments to discus on any reviews post without adding/following each other! I mean, they allow us to have a fun movie discussion with strangers! YEAY!
The Menu Options
Users Review Section
I think it's really really fun. If someone says something mean on your reviews, you don't need to block him/her because you don't even know each other, lol. I'm just kidding, hahaha. I mean, it's really fun that you can share your mind about movies with everyone and no need to give a sh*t, hahaha. And the important thing is, this app, protect us from narcissism thing, I mean, this app gak ngebuat kita kayak 'semua orang harus tau gue udah nonton ini' atau bahkan ngibikin kita kayak 'gua harus ke bioskop dan segera check in supaya semua orang tau gue orangnya update abis', EXCEPT, you also post it on the other social media. Yes, it allows us to link our Movreak profile to the other social media apps like facebook or twitter. Sebenernya emang harus di-link sih supya bisa bikin review, tapi ada pilihan supaya gak ke post ke sosmed laen ko. Jadi ini tergantung dari diri sendiri aja sih ya. Kalo gue pribadi sih engga, pernah sih sekali buat promote aja kalo ada app movie yang kece, abis itu engga lagi.
Write a Review on Movreak
Screenshot dari Review yang di Likes dan Comment
Oh! And btw, it's kinda 'affiliate' with another site like IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes. So, I think you can see the more accurate reviews from the other expert sites, haha.
Affiliate with Rotten Tomatoes and IMDb
Well, it still has some weaks actually. I think if there's a 'notification alert' to tell us there's someone commenting our reviews, that would be great. Karena kadang tuh gak ngeh kalau ada yang comment jadi jatohnya basi gitu discussion-nya karna telat reply :(
But, overall, I think this app is really recommended!

Well, hope this info useful. And, enjoy your app!
See ya on another post, fellas!


Data Source : experience with Movreak app on my iPod, official site of Movreak, some articles from random sites
Photos source : private collections

No comments:

Post a Comment