Contact Me

Friday 24 January 2014

Vine. My Vine. Let's vining!

Who else knows about VINE ? I bet you do. No? Well, I'll tell you about this wonderful app! (y)



As we know, twitter allows us to write something in only 140 characters, instagram allows us to share our photos, and path allows us to share what we wanna share to others. All those apps has their own way to connecting people through social media. So does this Vine app. This mobile app released on January 24, 2013 as a free app on Appstore. And at its first appearance, it was only for iOS device, iPhone and iPod Touch. But then, Vine has been available for Android and Windows Phone devices, since... June or July 2013, I don't know. Actually, this app owned by Twitter company, yes, it's a Twitter's product. That's why you can sign in this app with your twitter account, no need to make a new account for it.
This app kind of interesting (at least for me, hehe). Like I said before, each apps has their own way how to connect people, and Vine's way is an unique one. Because, this apps enables us to create a short video to share with others, and it's literally SHORT. Six seconds is the maximum length of Vine video. Yes, it's only SIX SECONDS!! You have to rack your brain to post something good on Vine. Unlike instagram, you can't post your old video, you can't import any video from your phone gallery on Vine. You have to make your own video, directly, from Vine's recorder. No, no way out. Recording directly from Vine is only way to make a post. That's why I said this app is so furckin interesting! But, don't worry, with its new updates, it allows us to edit the video before we post it on our timeline. Hihi :p
Well, here some snapshot of Vine from my Vine account, Sukochii.

This is the Home appearance of Vine. It's like timeline on Twitter, but the post are 6sc videos.
 If you tap the 'Home' icon, there are some options to do, it's like a 'menu', I guess.
There are Home, Explore, Activity and Profile. Home will brings you to your Home timeline. And Explore enables you to search another account or post, just type the keyword and it will shows you what its got. Or, you can choose a specific category which already available on it. You can choose whatever you like.
The Activity option, will gives you the notification for your account. Like... if... there's someone likes your post, or revines (it's like retweet on twitter), comments, or even follows your account. And the Profile one, it will brings you to your profile. This one is my profile appearance, Sukochii.
If you want to follow another account, tap on their name and it will brings you to their profile (like this picture below), and then just tap the 'follow' button. Here you are following them now.
 
I already said that, you can give like, comment and even revine to another post from other users. And you can also share this to other social media, like twitter, email and now it allows you to share it to facebook, or you can just copy the link.
 Oh, ya, I'll tell you how to make a post on Vine. Well, look at the picture below. Tap the 'Camera' icon for recording, and it will appears like the right one. If you want to record, just tap it and hold it, tap anywhere you want. If you want to pause, just release it. If you done with it, just tap the 'Next' button (the right arrow), give the caption, then post it! BUT, if you want to save/delete the video, you can tap the 'X' button, you can choose discard to delete it, or save for later to save the video as a (kind of) draft.

Oh, one more. Now, you can open and sign in your Vine account on the site, I mean, you can online via PC/laptop. Here's the link : https://vine.co/.
BUT, you can't record your post via site, it's only shows you the users profile and their/your timeline. If you wanna post something, you have to record it via apps on your smartphone or iDevice (iPhone/iPod touch), etc. Here's the snapshot of my Vine profile via site.




Well, that's all. I can't tell you much, because I'm still an amateur viner anyway. Hihihi :p
Here some great users you can follow for your references.
  • Pinot : He's a master for me, best viner ever! He's one who inspiring me. He's awesome. I really love his stopmotion on Vine. Same as me, he's from Indonesia. But he lives in Kuwait.
  • Brendon Urie : Yes, this guy, vocalist of  Panic! At The Disco. He's the first reason why I make this vine account. His vine is so furckin hilarious! He's an awesome vocalist on stage but he gets insane when he's on vine. Always success to makes me laugh xD
  • Josh Darnit : OH I LOVE HIS CHILDREND SO MUCH! He has a great family. He always has a great idea to create an awesome post with his family. OH GOD I'M IN LOVE WITH HIS SON, AJMG
  • Mike Bennett : Simple but AWESOME!
............................and many more. You have to search it by yourself :p
Ya, if you interested on it, do not shy to make it. Just try, and let me know, I'm glad to see your great posting on your vine :)
No, I won't insist you to follow my Vine account, but, if you wanna know what I post on vine, just check out this account Sukochii. Hihihi :3
Glad to share with (whoever) you (are) ;D

Here's one of my first posting on vine.

See you on anoother post, buddy! :) 



Data sources : Wikipedia, Vine website
Images & video sources : Personal collections


Updates :
Vine app on android only fully works for ICS and Jellybean. You can't record any post except its ICS or Jellybean, but you can still see another post from another account with Gingerbread or any OS under ICS and Jellybean.


Updates 5/4/2014 :
Now it has VINE MESSAGES! :D
It's called VMs. This new update allows you to send any vine video to your friends/others, privately. You also can have private conversations in here. Just tap the menu options, choose the 'messages' and you can just start creating a six seconds video then send it to your friends as a private message. It's so fun, isn't it? Unless, you don't have any friends to share :/


Well, one more thing, now you can change the color of your profile. Just go to the profile setting.
Hope you can enjoy this wonderful app, fellas! :)


Updates 6/4/2014 :
Now I know how to upload video from phone gallery to Vine. It has its own app. It's called Vinyet. You can also add any effects on your video before you upload it, more about Vinyet here. Unfortunately, this Vinyet app already removed from Appstore, idk why. But if you already have it and don't know how to use it, watch this video How to upload video on Vine with Vinyet.
No, I don't have Vinyet. At first, I thought it would be nice to upload previous video from my phone gallery and put some effects on it, it's easier anyway. But then, I realized, it's not cool enough, dude. I mean, where's the challenge then? If I wanna do that, I'll just do it on my instagram. Because that's how instavideo works, not Vine. I love the way Vine 'force' me to be creative with only six seconds video. It's more fun anyway.
By the way, I have one fact about Vine, here it is.
Got this infographic from Mashable.
Sooooo, how is it? Are you one of those users? :3


Updates 10/4/2014 :
Well... I am 'updating' a lot in this post :v
For  this time, I wanna share my horrible experience with Vine :v
You know, when the uploading process failed, you can reload it or swipe to cancel. Note this, cancel in vine means DELETE the video. So, you have to be more careful, or you'll end up like me. I almost lost my precious stopmotion video! God, that was so terrible. Lucky me, I still have the video on my Camera Roll (kind of phone gallery), it's automatically saved, when it's already half way on uploading process. And I've explained that Vine didn't allow us to take another video from phone gallery, and unfortunately, Vinyet already removed from Appstore. So I tried to browse on google the alternative way to fix this problem, I have to post that video. I found 2 free apps and 1 paid app on itunes, which offer us as Vine uploader.

Left Vine Uploader Free, Right VineUp

The first is Vine Uploader Free. It's free on Appstore. It has ads on it. You can sign in via email or twitter. Starting with Camera Roll open, makes you easy to pick the video quickly. You have to crop the video in square shape. Can't manage the time, it's automatically cuts only six seconds length. You can add effects, give caption, but you can't mention/tag another users. The uploading takes too long, sometimes it failed. But it's free to use whenever you want. Here are the snapshots.



The second is VineUp. The look is better and nicer than Vine Uploader Free. No ads. You can also sign in via email or twitter. Crop, effects, length, same as Vine Uploader Free. BUT, it allows you to mention/tag another users and doesn't take any long time to upload the video. It's free on Appstore, BUT, it only gives you 3 times trial to upload your video, then you have o buy the premium mode :/


Those apps not affiliate with Vine, means different developer.
And the paid one named Upload Custom Video to Vine by App Features. I think it has Vine's license, cause it's not free, but idk. I'm still wondering about Vinyet, it also paid app, I guess. But Vine didn't allow it to be on Appstore anymore. And idk why.
And well, that's it. I'll keep the Vine Uploader Free on my iPod. I don't wanna have any trouble like that again. I won't use it for another things, I'll just use it to re-upload the failed one. :)



2 comments:

  1. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates.
    buy twitter tweets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for stopping by and read my article. I'm so glad you like it :D
      And yes, I'll try to make the new updates about vining if Vine app on my device get fixed. Thanks! :)

      Delete