Contact Me

Friday 14 November 2014

Music and Its Music Video

For me, there are two types of music. There's music that can be enjoyed by just listen to it. And also, there's music that can be enjoyed only by watch its music video.


This thought crossed my head after I watched "Chandelier" music video by Sia. Both the lyric video and the official video.





Yes. The choreography of the Chandelier's official video was so amazing and it hypnotised me! And I wonder what exactly those moves meaning are. And yeah, Ryan Heffington has a meaning for every Chandelier's moves, although I still don't get it. Lol.



Not a surprise they got that MTV VMA's trophy as The Best Choreography. The expression of that little Maddie makes me be like 'wow, she's amazing'. And I'm officially totally in love with this amazing music video.

This also happened to me when I watched OK Go, "The Writing's On The Wall" music video. It's blown my mind so far away. And damn, what a perfect shoot in one take!!



I also watched their behind the video and it just a big 'wow'. I have nothing to say. just. watch.



The fact is I don't really like OK Go's songs. And I probably like Sia's voice but I'm not a fan of her. I'm not a fan of any of them. I just love their music videos. And to be honest, they are really good on it.

I really appreciate their work, it's inspiring me. You know, I like cinematography things and the most I like is making the music video. It's my big dream to be involve in any music video's production of my favourite band or singer someday. 

I really love music video. And I think a good song should have a good music video too. That's why I am really sad when my favourite song has a bad music video. For examples, "Nicotine" music video by Panic! At The Disco and "A Sky Full Of Stars" by Coldplay. Both are my favourite song, but unfortunately, I really don't like their music video.

Nicotine, I don't know, I just feel like, this mv is like, why oh why?? It's totally boring and I don't even get the feeling.




Even "Girls/Girls/Boys" is better than "Nicotine".



I hope "Vegas Lights" or "Collar Full" can be better, if they want to make the mv of it.

And A Sky Full Of Stars, man, I expected more than this mv.


I'd rather watch their live concert. You know, The Ghost Stories Live Concert.




I have a dream that someday I can make a great video for my idol. I don't wanna see any music video of my favourite song going to be a mess. So I wish it will be come true someday :)

That's it. See you on another post fellas! :D


Video sources : from their Official Youtube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment