Contact Me

Thursday 15 August 2013

My Stop-motion Projects

Hello there!

How you doing fellas? Have any interesting stuffs to share? :3
Well, if u're not, I have one thing to share with you ;D
Do you still remember about my last post a few days ago about stop-motion animation? I hope you do, cause the article is right down after this post anyway, lol. Here's the link if you haven't read my previous post Stop-motion Animation.

Yap, after I posted about what stopmotion animation is, now I'm gonna show you my own stopmotion.
So far, I've made about four stopmotion animations. And its all made by the different way but still using one technique, stop-motion technique.



My first stopmotion project is a birthday video for Sigma Tv UNJ (it's an organisation in my college that the concern is cinematography) when I was still into it. I made it with my friend, she's the cameraman. The concept was like 'kage bunshin' in Naruto with horror theme, haha. My friend made-up my face like a ghost (I guess, haha), then I showed-up with a letter on my hand, and my friend took the photo of it one by one and made the "happy 14th sigma tv" Words.
For the camera, I used DSLR, it's her (the one who took the photos) camera, it's Canon, but I'm forget what type it is.
For the editing, I used Adobe Premiere CS 4. Because this is the first time I edited stopmotion with this software, I feel so terrible. I used to edit the photo one by one and I've got about 435 photos for this project. Yes, this is horrible. I almost gave up. But finally I can finished it up on time :')
I haven't upload the video, sorry :p

My second stopmotion project is also a birthday video for my friend. I made this as a present for her. It's an accidental present actually :p
The concept was so simple, I just wanted to say a happy birthday for her. I thought I had to use papercut as the letter but then I changed my mind and prefer to use plasticine as the object.
The equipments are also simple. I used my phone as the camera (it's Samsung Galaxy Y), some plasticine with different colour, some papers to put the object on it, a table, and a pencil.
I put my phone on the table, and used some plasticine to hold it (kind of.. as the tripod/monopod I guess, lol :p). I had to make sure that the set/background (paper) is fit with the camera, geez idk how to explain this one, I'm sorry -__-
Well, next, I made the letters "happy b'day yani" one by one using the plasticine, with different colour of course, put it on the set/background (paper) and took the pictures of it, step by step.
At the end, I wrote some words using pencil on the set/background (paper), the I rolled it.
I've got about 140 photos (or more I guess) at this project. I still used Adobe Premiere CS 4 for the editing. You can use another software whichever you like anyway. I like using Premiere because it's kind of make me feel to be free to do anything on my project, tehee~ :p
I arranged the photos, threw the fail one, and doing 'something' with the resolutions :p and... I put the backsound in it. And taa~daa~ here's the result.



I'm so lucky my friend likes it so much :3
Yea, I know it's not a great masterpiece but I'm still glad I can made this one :')

The third iis an animation which I made it by an application named Kids Doodle on my iPod. It's kind of fun application, you can make animation on it and it's like stopmotion I guess. Because you have to draw the object one by one. So then I just drew it then this application recording my scribble (lol :p). And I click the 'movie' button and my doodle has been saved as a video.
But, I also edited this video by the way. Still used the Premiere one. And here's the video.




And the last, but this is not the real 'last' I hope, cause I still want to make some great masterpieces and I want to keep learning about this stopmotion animation :')
At this time, I used cutout as the object. I drew the object by myself using marker and crayons. My drawings are so emmhh.... childish I guess, it's like a kindergarden's drawing -,-
Well, this project is about environmental. The tittle is Flood. I bet you can imagine what it means from the tittle.
I used my iPod touch (4th generation) for the camera, cause I've broke my cellphone -,- *no one cares, lol*. Then I tied up my iPod with some rulers as the holder, lol. For the process, I used special application name iMotion HD. It's a great application for making stopmotion animation. It's easy to use, has a good quality for the result, and the important thing.... it's free! You have to download it on Appstore, idk it's on Google Play or not.
For the editing, you can also do it in this application. Or you can do it on another application like Splice (also you can get it from Appstore, idk for the android one). But, in my case, I (still) used my Premiere CS 4 for the editing, mehehee~ :p
I can't show you the video, cause I'm gonna... emmm... kind of register it into a short film festival. And I forgot to take the documentation for this project I'm sorry -,-
But here's some photos of the object, mehehe~ :p


screenshot of my project


I promise I'll post the video after the festival ;D


Well, that's all fellas. I hope it can inspiring you or at least you can use it as your motivation to make a great masterpiece, cause I'm using it for that one :p

Keep calm and be creative! B)

See ya on another post fellas~


No comments:

Post a Comment