Contact Me

Tuesday 2 October 2012

How I Love Editing So Much (Part 1)

WAIT! I'll tell you first, this is NOT A TUTORIAL, I repeat, this is NOT A TUTORIAL. It just the story how I meet, learn, and in love with editing stuff :')

Yo!

Well........ I'm interested with 'editing world' since I'm still in the second grade of shs. Why I called it editing not graphic design? yeaa, cause I love every single thing that called 'editing'. As you know, editing is not only for photos, pictures, images, etc. but there's also movie/film editing. And I love them both. But I think, for now I'm tell you about 'how I meet with the Photoshop' LOL! LOL! :p


I'm excited with Adobe Photoshop when I saw my friend edited some nametags for all members of my organization, OSIS. I was really stupid in that time, lol. Amazed with every 'magic things' that he made with that software. Like "waow, it's cool." then "waow, how could you do that? is it hard to learn it?" and blablabla~
He lets me to help him and he teached me some technique but still not too understand about it. Cause of I've a big curiousity, I tried to learn it by myself, and my first project is so LOL! :p
After all this time, I got a 'self concept' about learning Photoshop. And I think you can follow my way if you wanna learn by yourself, if you want anyway.

First, you need to have a big curiosity, its useful for exploring;
Second, you have to learn how to cut, select, and drag;
Third, if you already expert about select, cut and drag, you can increase your skill with brush and erase tools;
The Fourth and for the next future(?), trial and error. Don't worry, its part of your practice. Never doubt to explore and get failed, because it just the beginning :)

Sometimes, you'll get good compliments or even bad critics. (yea, part of circle of life) -__-. When you got any critics or any advices which makes you confused, never being shy to ask to the real expert, or at least to the person who knows about Photoshop. It's really good to share with others, you can increase your skill. There's a link that I trust about graphic desain, it's www.ahlidesain.com. One day I asked them about font in graphic desain. Someone gave me a critic, he said that in graphin design you may used only two fonts on a design. So then I asked to AhliDesain and their answer was really satisfied me. They said that in art, we're all  free to explore our creativity, so it doesn't matter if you use one two or three fonts on a design. And they're totally right!! But, I give you an advice, when you doin a design, you have to use your feelin and your logic. Yaa, its like, emm when you lovin someone lah *eaaaaaa curcol~ =..= Yea, you need logic, cause your design will seen by others! (if sih, ya or even someday lah).
Ah, as an amateur, when you use any 'items' from internet on your design, PLEASE! USE IT WISELY! Don't be a rude plagiator, you have to re-edit it! And make it lil bit different as different as you can! Emm, I won't tell you any technique in here cause I'm not an expert, I'm (still) an amateur anyway, sorry.
But it's really ok if you wanna share with me about any technique or something :p HAHAH!

Never stop to LEARN! Keep exploring and increasing your skill!
Just believe you can do it :)
GO AMATEUR! BE A GREAT AMATEUR GRAPHIC DESIGNER! lol~ :p

Well, see ya on other post!

Here some of my masterpiece(?) :p

an avatar for invitation on FB
ini juga iseng, sebenernya buat hadiah ultahnya kaka Tianjf tapi gajadi dikirim, malu :"3

ini contoh desain banner gitu dah, sebenernya ada lagi dan lucunya kalo banner-banner yang aku buat dijejerin bakal keliatan banget yang namanya 'perubahan' hehe :p

for my friend's birthday, editing ga harus rumit :*
paling gabisa liat poto yang nganggur :p

my first 'tumpuk poto' project :p


cover for Sigma's bulletin, check on www.sigmatvaction.blogspot.com
Well that's it. I'm really sorry for the bad grammar. Next time I'll share about movie/film editing (maybe) :3

See ya on another post! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment